The research group Power and Energy Analysis and Research Laboratory (PEARL) from the University of Castilla‐La Mancha is seeking talented candidates in power system research. One PhD position will be focused on the Integration of Electric Vehicles in Distribution Systems, whereas the other will address the Coordinated Planning of Transmission and Distribution Systems. Both positions are due to start in September and are fully funded for 3 years.
PEARL group (https://pearl.uclm.es/) is located at the Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Industrial de Ciudad Real, University of Castilla‐La Mancha (https://www.uclm.es/?sc_lang=en), Campus de Ciudad Real, Av. Camilo José Cela, s/n, Ciudad Real, Spain.
The candidate will be expected to have:
1. A master’s degree in electrical engineering or similar, homologated in the European Higher Education Area.
2. Knowledge of power systems operation, planning, and economics.
3. Strong skills in mathematical programming and optimization theory.
4. The ability to work effectively with data and applied statistics.
5. Strong programming skills in implementing optimization problems using programming
languages such as GAMS (or MATLAB, Python, Julia), and optimization solvers like CPLEX
6. Fluency in communicating and reporting in English.
The detailed project plans will be described, adjusted, and validated with the supervisors within the first month after enrollment. As part of the activities of the PhD positions, the selected candidates will have the opportunity to attend conferences all around the world and apply for short‐term stays abroad. The appointment has a competitive salary, and healthcare and social security insurance. It is worth mentioning that the cost of living in Ciudad Real is quite reduced in comparison with a big city like Madrid. Ciudad Real is 200 km south of Madrid, to which is particularly well connected by train.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to prepare an application form consisting of a single pdf file in English containing all the materials to be given consideration, namely:
1. Cover letter (max. 1 page).
2. Curriculum vitae.
3. Academic record of the master’s degree including courses and grades.
4. Contact details of at least two references.
Applications should be sent before July 24 to firstname.lastname@example.org IN A SINGLE PDF FILE with your full name in the subject line.
Further technical information on the positions and application procedure can be obtained by sending your inquiry to email@example.com as well. All qualified candidates irrespective of age, gender, disability, race, religion or ethnic background are encouraged to apply.